Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fabric wrapped hangers

What a wonderful Saturday! Grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, games with kids, creative projects, 2 mile run, 2 mile walk, church, Super Moon, and Monk. 
Today's project was to add character to white plastic hangers.  Mr. Hotsie built a hanging rod in my laundry room and it was asking for cute hangers.   
 
I pulled out a bag of old fabric scraps.  I cut strips, tied one to the hanger, and began wrapping all the way around the hanger. When a strip ran out, I tied the next one to it. I left the ties showing. I could have glued the fabric on if I didn't want the ties showing.  I think the more threads the better! 

Ethan wanted to wrap a hanger with me while he practiced reciting the presidents. 
He finished his hanger and went back to his jump rope challenge. He took up interest in jump roping this week and he is creating contests to see who can do the most consecutive jumps.  He wants me to make a jump rope trophy. He got to 32 jumps while I wrapped the final hanger.
 I'm pretty sure the wet laundry will appreciate the time and effort it took to make their hanging spot more charming.

5 comments:

antona said...

Fun! My aunt used to do the same thing with yarn but it ended up looking like a caterpillar hanger. I like your fabric hangers much better :)

Rhonda said...

Is there no end to your creativity?? Couldn't God have spread it around a little more evenly?? How cute are those hangers? Those would make nice inexpensive Christmas gifts, Haylee. (hint, hint!)

Angie Pangee said...

Sounds like a very fun day! Jaidyn and I are doing the presidents right now too:) Does Ethan have a song to which he's learning them?

Haybee Baby said...

Antona- I have a few of those yarn wrapped hangers and that is what gave me the idea for fabric scrap ones!
Rhonda-they would make fun Christmas gifts!
Ang-no song for learning the presidents. We make songs up to learn them though:) Does Jaidyn have a song?

Maru said...

Very good to do with kids in the house and building there are no Hanger factory as we all seek