Monday, February 21, 2011

Cute leftovers



I might not be a recycling queen but I have made many strides in making healthy and eco friendly choices in our home! I sew and use these bowl covers instead of plastic wrap.


I do still have a roll of plastic wrap but I rarely use it. They are easy to sew and you can just throw them in with the laundry.

I choose a different fabric print on each side to expand my options when accessorizing leftovers:)

Or your children can accessorize with them as mine love to do:)

2 comments:

the miller mommy said...

Soooooo cute and fun! How do you make these?

Haybee Baby said...

You cut out two circles and sew them together with fabric facing each other. Leave a 2-3 inch opening. Turn them right side out and sew around the circle about a 1/2" from the edge. Then sew RIGHT around the edge of the circle, still leaving the 2-3" opening. Then string elastic through your opening. Pull it as taught as you prefer. Tie it in a knot and then sew the opening closed. Ta da....the first one takes the most time and then you can whip a few out in an hour! Try and it and let me know how it goes!