Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Wonderment


It snowed! The kids are thrilled and definitely makes me all the more giddy about this season:)




How wonderful to celebrate this time of year with kiddos. I'm on break now and have thoroughly enjoyed the first two days. My entire family is currently napping as I tinker around the house and ponder lyrics to the Christmas music playing.





Aelyn loves the lights on our tree and the stockings on the mantle. I usually give her a big piece of wrapping paper to play with when I'm wrapping. She'll crinkle it and drum on it for the longest time. What a gift she is to us this Christmas season!





Here are a couple gifts I've sewn that I remembered to take pictures of. It has been SO fun!!



These little boots were made out of a cashmere sweater from the thrift store. Very soft and cuddly.





This purse was made out of a maternity sweater from the thrift store. The flowers are all made from wool sweaters. This was fun to design and sew!





Here's a sneak peak of the doll house we are working on. Ryan hopes to finish putting shingles on today and we'll paint them. I hope to finish up curtains and rugs today. The flowers on the table are the tips from one of my flower arrangements and I hot glued them in a thimble. It's fun to accessorize creatively.





I'll post more later but we are enjoying this project together.


What a wonderful season this is!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Haley, I LOVE the dollhouse. It will be your daughter's favorite gift of all time for sure. Bill and I have always talked about making one for Annabelle when she is older. That will be fun!! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
Molly