Friday, September 4, 2009

Holy Crapoly I'm Tired!


This is a picture taken of me this week. Oh wait, you can't see me? Look closer. I'm way down there....drowning. This was my first week back to work after maternity leave even though I had eased myself back in while I was still on leave. GOOD THING I did because I hit the ground running on Monday. We went from a peaceful home to complete chaos this week with many tears from us all. Ryan is working nights right now as they remodel some retail stores during closed hours. He has been Mr. Dad during the day while I work like a crazy woman. I took over for dinner and a couple evening hours and then I was back to work til 2 or 3 am each morning. I'm living on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. My shingles are bothering me quite a bit this week and they are raised again. Pray I find balance and peace and that I'll resurface from this heap of work. So, if you see that my children are playing on the sidewalk in pajamas at 11am with food all over their faces or that I've worn the same outfit for three days in a row, you'll know I need rescued!.....and a shower:)


Ethan got glasses this week. He is not happy about the idea and at this point will not wear them. He picked these out and I think he looks cute. He struggles with change but I know he'll come around.


Aelyn is full of sweet smiles. What a joy! She loves to stand up on our laps and to fly in the air. It seems that she poops 82 times a day and she LOVES soft blankets.



She finds such comfort in them and she pulls them up to her nose. I pull it down while she is sleeping and I find her with it covering her face within 15 minutes. Cute!




Her eyes dance and I'm in love with all they have to say!


I can't believe how she is growing and changing. She turned 9 weeks this week and looks just like Ethan did at this age.


Remember how I said I wanted to find a brown corduroy blazer for Ethan to wear with his 50 cent garage sale hat? Well, I think I forgot to share that I found the exact blazer I wanted several weeks back for $1.25 during my thrifting adventures. I felt blessed and excited! I think I'd like to be a personal thrift shopper for people. It is just so fun to me and fun to think about after such an exhausting week.
Back to the grind.....

4 comments:

Cara said...

I will sign up as your first customer or better yet trainee!! There you go Haylee, another LOVE you have to offer this world!!

~ Trust & Obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, than to Trust & Obey ~

Naenay1012 said...

Ethan looks very handsome in his glasses.

Krysty said...

Oh girl...I've said for many years that i'd hire you to be my personal shopper. You're incredible.
E's sooo handsome with those glasses. Remind him that Clark Kent wore glasses like that too...he can Superman in disguise. :-) His new blazer might come in handy for that too.
Love Aelyn...I can't get over how beautiful she is. Can we just do a pre-arranged marriage now?

Ryan said...

Krysty,
I'm all about an arranged marriage...maybe we can pair Ellia with one of your boys too! Let's get on that!!