Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer List



We are trying to soak up the summer days while I'm on leave and before Ethan starts school next week. We went to the Children's Garden which was free fun. At one point I found Ellia with her skirt and underwear off, sitting in the stones. I overreacted with a "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and she said "Ethan pees outside and there was no potty here." Yes, he does....but not in a public place where people walk. We quickly dressed her, kept playing, and left a large pee spot that the sun dried up.


Then I couldn't find her a little while later. She joined a birthday party and was sitting at a picnic table with all the kids. She's a funny one!


We've been eating 1-2 smoothies a day. I bought swiss chard, turnip greens, kale, and spinach this week and we are boosting our health with green smoothies.


This little gal gets the green smoothie through me but I'm sure she'll love them someday!


I purchased mud soap in a Clearance bin for 90 cents back in the Spring and saved it back for a summer activity. We had friends over and they all had a blast smearing soap on each other and then cleaning off in the sprinkler. Unfortunately, they still needed real baths after the event.


Isn't he cute even when he's covered from head to toe in dirt?:) He was working on cutting cement in our basement. There has been water in our basement since moving here and nothing we've done thus far has taken care of it for good so Ryan is tackling that project once and for all. I've never seen him so filthy. I had to leave with the kids early this morning because the fumes and dust were terrible. My house looks pretty much like he does and I have to be out of town all day tomorrow too. There are literally footprint marks across my kitchen floor because there is a layer of "white" dust. Oh well, I'm glad to get the basement project underway and the dust will wait for me!

Ellia and I worked on making some headbands this evening with some things we had around here. I couldn't get Ellia to hold still long enough to get a picture so I put them on the child that couldn't get away from me:)

I have way more things on my "Summer List" than I think we can accomplish but I'm going to do my best to tackle as many as possible!

1 comment:

Naenay1012 said...

My goodness, she has changed so much all ready! Enjoy the rest of your break, things are a bit frenzied at work.