Monday, May 11, 2009

Pistachio Cake

We enjoyed a nice lunch with my parents on Sunday. My kids get hyped up galore with Pappaw and Ganny here:) Ethan and Ellia were both playing their trumpets they received for Christmas, Ryan was singing along at the top of his lungs, and this baby in the womb was getting prepared for life in the Crecco household:)



I bought these flowers for my mom as part of her Mother's Day gift but she forgot them...so I'm enjoying them:)



I made a Pistachio Cake for dessert that my college roommate gave to me. There is nothing healthy about it but it is yummy.

Ingredients:
1 package (18.25 oz size) yellow or white cake mix
3 packages (3.4 oz. size) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

1/2 cup brown sugar

1TBS Cinnamon

***GLAZE***
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 1/2 tablespoons milk (I use Rice Milk)

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake and pudding mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Pour some batter into greased bunt pan. Then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on batter. Layer more batter and mixture until both are gone. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Enjoy!



Here is what my living room usually looks like at the end of a work day. The kids love taking the furniture cushion off to make houses.


Here's Ellia looking rather punkie. She put on mascara and it is running under her eyes. She bought this guitar at a thrift store a few months back with her spend money and loves to play it LOUD.

2 comments:

The Boy said...

The cake looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the picture of your living room. I thought I was the only one with this! It's nice to be validated. :) And did I mention that I love ranunculus?

Mia said...

Ok, saw this recipe after I asked you for it in the email. I was picturing a raw pistachio cake-:), but this sounds great too!
Ethan and Ellia are so big- I know I always say that, but I'm sure you would say the same about mine. Too long in between seeing everyone! Love seeing the pics!