Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend



We enjoyed a wonderful family weekend! It was productive and fun filled! We went to the local Memorial Day parade. We had great discussions with Ethan about freedom and what Memorial Day represents. He was so excited to get a flag to wave at the parade.........and of course the candy:)



Ellia loved waving at the Veterans and anyone in the parade:) She brought her purse, of course, and hung it around her neck to easily place her candy in there.



The kids and I picked some peonies and hosta leaves from my flower beds. I love fresh flowers!! I've had many vases of fresh dandelions and grass from the kids too.



I've been on a smoothie kick for my evening "ice cream" snack. I put in 2 bananas, a large spoon of almond butter, a shake of cacao chips, a squirt of agave, some ice, and water. I blend it all up and we all enjoy it! I sort of want to be selfish my special treat but I am glad that my family enjoys it:)

We still do not have a name for this coming baby. We'd like a somewhat unique name that does not have a crazy meaning like "Elephant Dung." So, please share any ideas!

4 comments:

Naenay1012 said...

Are you sticking with E names?

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of E names!! I don't know if it's a boy or girl, but here are a few ideas :)

-Ezra, and I have also seen Ezrah which I think looks more like a little girl, if it's a girl
-Elodie, I have a friend here in Paris with this name, and it's nice, like melody without the m
-Elara, I had a friend in high school with this name
-Everett, standard yet not common
-Emery, very classy I think
-Enzio/Enzo, I have a friend who named her son this, and while at first it struck me as very odd, it has now grown on me quite a bit
-Esther, old school, yet fun, and she would have her own jewish holiday (purim)
-Edora/Eudora, again not common but not elephant dung, like the famous writer Eudora Welty
-Elijah
-Erasma, greek for lovable
-Eliza, as in Eliza Bennett...

Then there are all the alternatives of erin, eric, elizabeth, ewan/euan/eoin...

So very excited for you about your new edition!

XOXO
SMankins

Naenay1012 said...

How about Ellison?

Haybee Baby said...

Thanks for all the name ideas! We do not know if we are having a boy or girl. We also aren't set on this name starting with an E but I'm drawn toward E and A names. Ry and I will have to look these over!
Thanks a bunch!