Thursday, April 9, 2009

"My tits smell like coffee!"

This is what I and others heard at Kroger yesterday from the mouth of Ellia Mya. She has lipstick("tits") that smells like coffee and she likes to state it over and over again. I'm sure those who overheard her comment thought we had some serious family issues.



I also found Ellia doing some spring cleaning to my ceiling fan this week. It does need cleaned but not by a 2 year old with a swinging broom!



Ethan had his preschool pictures today. He saw his cousin's school picture and she wore a dress and curled her hair. He decided he wanted to look very nice for his picture too. He even wanted to wear a button up shirt and hair gel. He looked mighty handsome even though I couldn't get a relaxed smile from him:)



I've enjoyed concocting some raw recipes this week. I made a raw pesto and stuffed it in a portabello mushroom that was soaked in tamari. I topped it with a raw marinara sauce and raw parmesean cheese. I then dehydrated it for about 15 minutes to slighly warm it. YUMMY! I made some raw ice cream too. One was a banana and cacao ice cream and the other was a fruit ice cream. I added a lot of spinach and fresh ground flax seed to both but it was still a raving hit with the kids. Ethan told me I need to make it all the time because it is so good! I'm glad he is getting such solid nutrition while enjoying a treat. I also made a raw brownie cake, marinara chips, fruit leather, and cookies rolled in coconut. This is what my kitchen looked like following my uncooking marathon.




I found this fun carrier for my stainless steel water bottles at Big Lots for $5.00. It will be great for the bike path and picnics.



I walked a couple miles with the kids tonight and felt like the baby might just fall out. I remember feeling this way with the other two kids as well but not this early. My sister had a beautiful baby girl yesterday and I'm wishing we didn't live so far away. I've been having many baby dreams this week. One night I dreamed my sister called me and told me I needed to go feed my baby. I didn't even know I'd had the baby and I had no clue where to find him or her. It is so fun to watch and feel this life growing and moving inside. I'm continually amazed by this miracle!

4 comments:

dragomir family said...

That's halarious! I think I would of lol if I heard Ellia saying that at the grocery store!

Ethan looks extremely handsome in his preschool pictures!

And, I am always amazed at how you pull of these raw meals with being a busy mom and teacher. Don't know how you do it but, you're awesome!

The Boy said...

I almost peed myself reading the story! That is AWESOME! Love it! Little E is looking so dapper! Love you!

Naenay1012 said...

I love it! I would have laughed if I heard it.

Xenia Shoe and Leather said...

i also feel like i'm going into labor these days. especcially when i walk. it's pretty impossible, but it goes through my mind. i do measure 3 weeks farther than i am, which i think can't be right. but yikes!