Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Califoniyeah!



Ryan and I enjoyed a trip to California to celebrate the marriage of a good friend. It was a fun time had by all! The weather was perfect, the company was splendid, the decor was fabulous, the marriage celebration was sweet.



It truly was so fun to spend time with friends and each other. I was so happy during the ceremony that I could only smile. Although, I did become emotional when their friend sang a beautiful song about how it is because of God's amazing love that we can celebrate this special day. She sang beautifully(Norah Jonesish but better) and the words were moving. I also laughed during the ceremony because this goofy man stood behind the bridal party to watch.......not even realizing that we could all see him.



It was fun to laugh with friends too!



The kids stayed with grandparents and enjoyed time with cousins. Ryan and I were beyond sappy over missing them. Our flight was canceled and we had to wait to fly home the following day. That was sad for us and the kids. We made the best of it and walked around to some local shops and enjoyed a date night to a small Italian restaurant. Who should complain about being stuck in California with beautiful weather?!

Here are some of the comments I heard regarding my large belly. Remember I'm due June 30th. I'm only in my 2nd trimester. It's just that I'll be as big as a barn come June!!
"Oh, are you having twins?"
"Should you be flying this late in your pregnancy?"
"Just looking at your belly makes me hurt."
"Oh honey, you are going to pop any minute."
"You're pregnant with twins aren't you?"
........and the list goes on. People, let's just stick with comments about the glow of a pregnant woman! What can I say? I have big babies!....and biskies:)



Our trip there wasn't without Crecco dilemmas though. The day we were flying out there I noticed that Ryan's eye was blinking slower than the other one. That then progressed to some paralysis on the other side of his face. He wasn't able to spit,, whistle, or smile. He's had a respiratory infection and ear infection that lingered for some time. They treated him with a medication that didn't do the trick and then he was put on prednisone. The doctor recommended he go off of that because it can do weird things. We are now thinking that his bacterial ear infection caused trama to the 7th cranial nerve and therefore it brought on Bells Palsy. He will go to the doctor to have this confirmed but it's just not fun. We are praying for a quick recovery and healing.



My issue was quite minor but pure stupidity on my part. A bunch of us were sitting by the pool on a nice day when it was in the low 70's. I was wearing jeans and I had my legs propped up on a stool. I wasn't thinking about sunburn nor that my pasty white skin hadn't been acquainted with the sun in MONTHS. I got the most awkward sunburn on my lower leg. It became very swollen and splotchy. My foot wouldn't fit in my shoes that I'd planned to wear to the wedding and I opted to wear pants instead of a dress. Some aloe and ice did the trick and that extra day in California allowed for some extra rest before a long plane ride. Oh, and you know how my nose gets very wide when I'm pregnant? The sunburn on my nose did a great job of drawing attention to that big nose in every picture. Fun times!



This morning I woke up at 7am and felt like I'd been hit by a train:)...maybe because that would have been 4am CA time. I was very tired but the kids and I enjoyed every moment of the day together. We went grocery shopping this morning and then to the duck pond for lunch. I nearly peed my pants though. The ducks were swarming us and the kids look petrified. I looked down at their scared eyes and they both started to throw whole pieces of bread in attempt to keep the ducks busy. Ellia kept saying they were going to bite her and she stood up on the bench. Ethan yelled, "We need to get out of here fast. They are out of control!" He started running to the car with his lunch and Ellia followed.



I was walking as fast as I could as I convulsed in laughter and tried to keep from urinating down my leg. Ethan then said, "Coming here was not a good idea!!!! I don't ever want to go to the duck pond again!!" They were so glad to get in the car and avoid the "hissing ducks." We ended up eating our picnic at home:) I unpacked today, did laundry, played games, and we filled the Easter Eggs for a family egg hunt this weekend.



We enjoyed dinner with friends tonight. It was a good day. Tomorrow we are headed to the best thrift store I know of and to Whole Foods. I want to soak up every minute of this break!

3 comments:

Tsquared417 said...

I'm glad you had a great trip! I agree, people should only comment on how beautiful you are and nothing else!!

The Boy said...

I'm still amazed at how unflattering people can be, but so was I until I was pregnant! :) It just doesn't cross people's minds, I think. The wedding looked beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures of it! And I almost peed reading the duck story! I can hear it in my head!

joyfulschrammfam said...

Hay, I SO with I could go visit the duck pond with you! So funny about your kids not liking it. I hope they aren't traumatized by it. ;>
I'm praying for Ryan. We've been through Bell's Palsy, remember. Let me know how it's going. Feel free to call if you have any questions. :)
Cara