Sunday, March 8, 2009

Productivity Galore

We enjoyed a productive and fun weekend. The weather was in the upper 60's which meant it was time to play at the park, enjoy playdates, and accomplish housework. We painted our bathroom....a very bold color! It isn't my normal taste but it feels fresh.




Ellia learned to swing by pumping her own legs which was extreme excitement for her and Ethan! She is so sweet. Last night we were sitting at the table together. I was thinking about the story of Horton Hears a Who and suddenly she says, "God helps our baby grow and God will help our baby come out." It was cute to watch her ponder such thoughts. She gives birth to the baby growing in her belly nearly everyday. She just squeezes her belly really tight and ta da....she's holding an invisible baby. If only it were that easy:) I go to the doctor this week and she really wants to hear the heartbeat of her baby too. So fun to share in the joy and discovery of new life with these kiddos.




I planted a chives, basil, and parsley in my white glass. I'll replant them outside once they get going but it will be fun to watch them grow in the kitchen! The kids love helping me plant things and to watch them grow. Last Spring Ethan got out his ruler to measure how tall they got each week.





I put out some spring decor on my porch. I found these Urban Outfitters lanterns at Gabriel Brothers for $1.99. I love aqua and yellow together. The scarf that is hard to see in this picture was 10 cents at a garage sale last summer.






The weather was beautiful today and we enjoyed our first meal of the season out on our deck. Tonight I had a wonderful spinach salad with red onion, pecans, raw parmesan cheese(made from nuts), sliced strawberries and a fresh raspberry salad dressing. I just put thawed 1 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup agave(I don't think it was near that much, actually), and a shake of sea salt in the blender. It made enough dressing for 3-4 salads. Yummy and beautiful!

2 comments:

The Boy said...

I LOVE the color of the bathroom!!! It looks amazing!!!

Tsquared417 said...

Your bathroom and porch look awesome! :) Thanks for visiting my blog...I'll keep checking out yours too...and I didn't know you had a business, I'm going to check that out too!!