Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tropical Pops




We are excited for warm weather around here so I decided to make tropical pops with the kids in celebration of temperatures over 30 degrees:) They enjoyed making them and they surely enjoyed eating them. I told them to pretend we were on a beach in the hot weather eating them. Ethan piped up and said he wouldn't want to do that because then the popsicle would melt too fast and he'd get sand all over it. Alrighty then, I guess I was caught up more in the dream of relaxing on a warm beach with crystal clear water.....not on the longevity of my frozen treat. Regardless, we had a great time making this treat together! I purchase all of these ingredients at Aldi to keep it cheap.



Tropical Pops


2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice ( I juice mine fresh but it would be fine to use store bought!)

8 ounces frozen mango chunks

8 ounces frozen pineapple chunks

2 ripe bananas

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.

Enjoy them, knowing your kiddos aren't eating high fructose corn syrup, dyes, or too much sugar:)

1 comment:

Tara said...

So I've decided I need to be better about making comments on your blog. I check it out often, and It's such a great way to keep in touch. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten, it's crazy. I'm so excited to meet your next beautiful baby, congratulations! I love all of your posts, you're an inspiring mother in so many ways, and don't get me started on how jealous I am of all your organizational skills. We make smoothies almost everyday at our house too! We are also huge fruit and veggie eaters, I can't wait to have my own house and garden someday. We hope to visit this spring, we'll have to get together for sure.