Thursday, February 19, 2009

Playful Dough



Ryan is often gone on Wednesday nights so I try to plan something fun for the kids and I to do when he's away. Last night we made playdough and then enjoyed shaping it. My parents stopped by and enjoyed a fun evening with us. My mom is quite artistic in many realms, including playdough sculpting. Last night she made frogs, cats, pigs, venus fly traps(....seriously?!), and many other amazing creations. Her and Ellia made the below mama cat and kittens. My mom would make things and Ellia would stab them with a butter knife:)



It's great when she's here and the pretending is at it's peak. The trouble comes when it's just me playing with them and I can't sculpt a perfect venus fly trap or Eiffel Tower. Ethan is quick to tell me my object doesn't look like the one ganny made and that if I keep trying I might get it right. I keep trying but mine looks more like a blob of poopers than the requested object. We have fun in the process though!
We would soon like to redecorate our dining room and I'm thinking I'll go with purple, orange, and pink since my rug is oh so speckled with these colors now. I'm not even sure why I put tablecloths down anymore.


Playful Dough
2 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup salt

3 TBS oil

1 package kool-aid

1 3/4 cups boiling water

Mix well and enjoy playing!

4 comments:

-André said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Boy said...

What an awesome night! So creative and fun! I miss you all and I miss ganny!!! Tell her I said hi, and I love her!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your mom's mad playdough skills! HA! A secret talent! Can I rent her out?!?! Does she want to come to my house and play playdough with my kids? I have no playdough skillz either! :)

kim

emi ward said...

Isn't it funny how "grandmas" do things the best when it comes to little things like playdough. My mom is the same exact why and there is no way i could ever make some of the things that she can do with playdough. Maybe by the time I am a grandma I will be able to :). it is always fun to read your blog!