Sunday, February 8, 2009

Girly Girl

I enjoyed a fun outing with little Ellia Mya on Saturday. As I was getting ready she was right there beside me, as usual, wanting make up on and even a ring like me. So, I found an old toe ring that would fit her itty bitty fingers. She looked cute with her 20 layers of clear lipgloss that she applied herself. She also put on some pale eyeshadow herself. She basically had makeup all over but it was cute and I let her keep it just how she put it on.





I took her to some shops downtown to help me hunt for a needed birthday gift. She enjoyed the browsing and was a true delight to take along. I then took her to a little coffee shop to enjoy lunch. She asked if we could buy "Buddy"(aka Ethan) a muffin. She picked out the flavor and was so excited to give it to him. She brought her purse along and even offered me her dime and two pennies to help with lunch. I took them and thanked her because what a joy to watch her heart for giving to her brother she loves so much! I gave her a piece of gum early on in our outing and she split it to save half to give Ethan.





As we sat at the table waiting for our food she took out her little cell phone from her purse and told me she needed to make a call. She dialed her phone and then sat and chatted awhile. I was about to begin a lecture on cell phone etiquette when she handed me the phone and said "Pappaw talk to you now." I pretended to chat a few sentences and the waiter came. I think he was giving me an evil eye of cell phone etiquette until he suddenly saw that I was talking on a turqoise plastic little mermaid phone:) I placed my napkin on my lap in preparation for eating and Ellia quietly watched and did the same. I envisioned 10 and 20 years down the road her and I sitting over more girly times together. I hope and pray that Ellia and I will have a quality relationship and that we'll enjoy the company of one another. As we ate I asked her if she would help me make my grocery list. She pretended to write her own list as I made mine. She was good at remembering what we needed! What a fun time with a sweet 2 year old girl!





Side note.........when I'm pregnant I stub my toes OFTEN and I really don't like it.


1 comment:

Naenay1012 said...

Sounds like you had a sweet time together.