Saturday, February 21, 2009

Can we say N E S T I N G??



I am one prego mama who is in full gear nesting mode! Ryan took me on a delightful date to the Alcove last evening where we enjoyed quiet dining and enjoyable conversation. Today......a different story. I'm a motivated, driven, almost not nice, "it's got to get organized" woman. I cleaned out our file cabinet that we've filed our bills in for 6 years now. I also cut and covered this box to store our phone books in.





I cleaned out and rearranged our "office/bill cupboard." I had two garbage bags full of paper junk.





I love to tear out pages from magazines of ideas and inspiration. I'm always struggling with wear to keep them in an organized way. today I covered a black binder in scrapbook paper and then made folders with pockets. I labeled each pocket with Kids, Christmas, Fall, Home Decor/Organization, Entertaining, etc. It was extremely fun and inspiring to look through all the cut outs as I placed them in their appropriate folder. I even had Ryan look through the organization stack because there were some GREAT ideas for his garage. He didn't seem as thrilled as I was. Side note, when I was pregnant with Ellia I was also a nesting mad woman. We were organizing his garage a week before I delivered because I just needed it to be done. He wanted to take pictures of me mowing the lawn, moving tools, climbing the ladder, carrying lumber etc. just because he thought it was so funny that I was such a determined crazy woman. BUT we didn't have time to waste taking such silly pictures:)





I organized my sewing supplies, cleaned my floors, made soup, salad, hosted my parents for dinner, prepared my Sunday School lesson to teach, and now I'm in bed at 7:30pm because I'm WORN OUT. It was a good day though and it felt good to accomplish so much.





And, yeah....I have no clue why my nose gets so wide when I'm pregnant. I can't say I'm a fan.

2 comments:

Naenay1012 said...

Gosh I am worn out reading what you did! If you get done over there, you can head to this house. It needs a good work over. I think you look great.

Haybee Baby said...

Ha! I have enough here to keep me busy for months. I don't think I'll get it all done in this nesting stage. I told Ryan that I wish I hit this stage way more often in my life...without being pregnant each time:) I wonder if you'll hit a nesting stage with the coming of your little girl?!