Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Swimming in the snow



I won an overnight to a nice hotel in Columbus and we decided to pack up the fam and head there on Saturday. We did lots of swimming, playing and relaxing together. I took flip flops for each of us to wear down to the pool.




Ellia hadn't worn flip flops on her little two year old feet yet and she simply adored them! She kept taking her jammies with feet off just to put the flip flops on in the room. We had the pool to ourselves our entire visit because the majority of people staying there were busy attending a conference. It was great fun to get away in the middle of winter! I think I'd like for us to do this again next month! Of course Florida would be better but we'll take what we can get right now!


I have a large wall cabinet in our upstairs bathroom. I keep old pacifiers in one of it's drawers. We are in the process of redecorating our bathroom and Ry took the cabinet down so he could put up paintable wallpaper. Ellia found the paci's and was beyond excited. She tried shoving the paci in the tiny mouth of her baby doll but soon I saw that she was trying to walk around with a blanket on her head. Sure enough she was sucking on that paci. She's 2 1/2 and hasn't had a paci for a very long time but she LOVES them. I told her she didn't need to be sneeky about it and that she could use it for a little while but then we'd put it away for our new baby. Well, the girl can sniff them out. I put them in a container in our pantry and she found them yesterday, I put them in a basket last night up on a shelf in her room(she wasn't with me either time I hid them.) Today I need to come up with a better location because she is currently holding one and looking at me with eyes that are asking permission.





Have I mentioned before that my husband is amazing? He was Mr. Motivated the entire weekend and it was wonderful. He had a four day weekend and he fixed our dishwasher, wallpapered our bathroom(pics to come later!), laundry, sledding with the kids, grocery shopping, as well as much more. I feel quite taken care of by this man! I wish we were both home together everyday. It's so fun when he's home and our family feels complete!


1 comment:

dragomir family said...

You have such a beautiful family! :)