Monday, October 27, 2008



He seems a part of me and I feel so in love even after 11 1/2 years of being together. Today we celebrate 7 years of marriage and I feel a sense of thankfulness. Our marriage has been far from perfect and we still have annoyances with each other. I am most amazed by the growth we've experienced in our communication, our vulnerability, our grace toward each other, our teamwork in life, and the passion that continues to grow through the years. I know this is because of the work the Lord has done and our willingness to be worked on:) We are not celebrating big until later but we ordered in food and will enjoy a quiet evening together. Today when he called to wish me a great day I was reminded of what my feelings were seven years ago. I was giddy inside over the excitement of that day. I loved him and I knew I wanted to be with him. Here we are 7 years later and I'm still giddy because I love him and want to be with him.
I celebrate the man that Ryan is in my life! He is a wonderful father! He had the kids all weekend while I attended a women's retreat. He carved a pumpkin with the kids, played and played, went to the farm market, had a friend over for breakfast, had the house clean when I came home, and a banner hanging up from the kids. He is thoughtful, caring, funny, personable, talented, and he's my best friend! I mean, he truly is amazing. Look......don't you wish you were married to him too?! :)

He also helped create these adorable kids that we think are precious!

So, today what I adore is my fabulous husband and sweet kids.......even though he leaves dirty socks anywhere and everywhere and even though they squish playdough in the carpet. They are simply wonderful beyond what I can express!

2 comments:

Maria said...

How sweet! It made me tear up. Of course, I'm pregnant so everything makes me cry. :) Seriously, I am so happy for the two of you. I wish you many, many, more years of love and growing. And for the socks, I always think of what Krista said when Matt was diagnosed with cancer....when there is the possiblity that the socks won't be on the floor anymore, all you want is more socks on the floor. I think of that sometimes when I feel annoyed. Congratulations on 7 beautiful years!

Naenay1012 said...

Congratulations! Hope your celebration later is wonderful.