Monday, September 8, 2008

Seriously?



My day consisted of the following.... Ellia spilled an entire bag of about 800 pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds) all over the floor. She pooped in the bathtub, which she has never done before. Ethan decided to convert our dining room into the new playroom by dumping all of our toy bins under the table. . Ellia dumped a bottle of bubbles on her skirt and then threw a fit because she needed to change clothes. Ethan then stomped and splashed in the bubbles.........and then walked through the house. Ethan must have a tapeworm because he was asking for more food every 5 minutes today. Maybe that will come out in the bathtub tomorrow too, who knows! Ethan made a tent upstairs with nearly every blanket and sheet in our linen closet.

Ellia insisted I tuck her 9 babies in bed tonight.....plus our two kids since Ryan is out of town for work tonight. Two sets of drop by company this evening.
On a good note, I laughed til I cried with my kids today as I scooped poop out of our tub and I rejoice that I now have a disinfected, clean bathtub. Our toys are quite organized after the dumping out episode. My floor was cleaned in the process of cleaning up 80,000 pepitas and sticky bubble footprints. Ethan and I had great conversations about how blessed we are to have so much food and how others aren't so fortunate. He decided he wants to use his "give jar" money to buy food for someone who doesn't have it. Plus, I don't really think he has a tape worm and I can rejoice that he is a healthy, growing boy! We had fun doing parachutes while folding the bazillion sheets and blankets. And, now my linen closet is as organized as Martha Stewart's! We also got to hold our dear friend's new baby girl. Watching Ellia hold this new little life reminded me how fast time goes by and these kids and these messes are for just a short time. I need to embrace the pepitas, poop, and pouting because soon they'll be off on their own. I'm one tired mama tonight but I feel blessed and plus, I even got a shower today........prior to the poop!

7 comments:

Kim Amstutz said...

Hay- you are hilarious! And a great encouragement...with your positive reminders about everything. What a difference your point of view makes! Thanks for reminding me about that! Love ya!
kim

Naenay1012 said...

Oh the joys of being a mommy.

Krysty said...

Hayles, you're always great at looking at the bright side and finding a way to enjoy even the stinkiest situations! :-) You'll teach your kids loads by those sweet reactions to the mishaps. You're a great momma!

karenamundson said...

that brought tears to my eyes b/c I relate so much to those kind of days but feel I don't handle them as well. we are having episodes of our daughter spreading poop all over her room. and the terrible twos have arrived and i feel like i'm losing my mind! thanks for seeing the cup half full. by the way i found you through krysty. i've known her since 2nd grade. she's the greatest!

Connie said...

Haybee, this story is heeeee-larious. The next time I try to tell you how difficult my day was with one, please please remind me of this little blogette.

Craig and Stacy Whiteman said...

What an awesome day! I especially loved how the pepitas seemed to breed from 8000 to 80,000! You are truely a fantastic mum and I so enjoy reading about how you turn what could be an ugly situation into a positive one. Gotta love poop in the bathtub, brilliant!

Lee Pop said...

I love the way you write. Haha so humorous. So tongue in cheek. Very dry humor - I LOVE it!