Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do I need counseling?

I've known for a long time that I like bags but I realize it might be a problem now. I have way more bags than I can use, yet I keep making them. I give many of them away, but I really LOVE making them. So, here are the ones I've made in the last two days:)
This is made from an old lady skirt that I bought for 49 cents.
This one is made out of a placemat.

My other mission these days is to modify existing clothing to fit Ellia. I purchased two women's skirts at Goodwill for 99 cents and made these two skirts for her. She looks mighty cutsooooooo in them. It makes for an economical and unique wardrobe for a two year old!

I found some other goodies at goodwill but we'll save those for another post.
Not having internet due to the wind storm has provided more time for fun sewing.
I spent hours working my teaching job outside of Tim Horton's in my van today. I had two seats out so there was a lot of open space for the kids to play. They listened to a couple books on cd and swam in a plethora of toys. They spilled juice, got a finger stuck in floor hole for the seat, ate donuts with sprinkles all over them(what in the WORLD was I thinking?!), smashed sprinkles into the carpet, did gymnastics to the point that the van was shaking, had to go in the store and go potty about 40 times, and giggled their little hearts out. It was sort of like putting them in a pack in play but they didn't realize it. Actually, it definitely felt like I was in a pack in play with them for hours. And since I don't smoke, my way of fostering relaxation was to go to goodwill and spend $8 to feed my bag addiction.

3 comments:

Connie said...

soooooooooo cute! you are such a seamstress! Love those skirts. :) I can only hope that Ellia appreciates them as much as we do. :)

Heather said...

Those skirts are CUTE.

Craig and Stacy Whiteman said...

Can I say that I absolutely love that handbag in the first picture. Too cute! Hearing your stories of you sewing and seeing the clothes you make for your children reminds me of when my mum (once upon a time) used to make my clothes....memories! Oh, speaking of memories I have a picture I need to e-mail to you.