Saturday, August 23, 2008

Inspiring Dresser


I was away at a work conference the past couple days and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I travel more than I prefer and it is intense work preparing to be out of my home/office for a few days. I have food to prepare for the kids, bags to pack for them and me, work to prepare, directions to print, my own all raw food to pack, etc. I’ve determined to have a positive outlook this year and embrace the opportunity to be away in a hotel that I don’t have to pay for with friends. So, I had a great time! I roomed with a friend that is tall like I am, has similar style, enjoys creative projects, loves the Lord, and eats 100% raw! We went to Barnes and Noble and purchased fun books. We bought this book that shows how to make purses and bags out of miscellaneous items like pillow cases, shower curtains, duct tape (I’m not the least bit interested in carrying around a duct tape purse though) and many other interesting things. There is a pattern to make a bag out of a t-shirt that looks very cute. If I make one I’ll be sure to post it!


I purchased this large white dresser today at a flea market/thrift shop. I love it. I’ve been looking for some type of cabinet or dresser and couldn’t find anything under $400. I bought this for $120. I lined the large drawers with Martha Stewart wrapping paper and the small drawers with Amy Butler paper. It turned into an all day project cleaning and organizing the studio. It feels good to have the mess cleaned up and feel inspired again! I may just decide to make a duct tape bag tomorrow:)



3 comments:

Naenay1012 said...

I like that dresser too! Very shabby chic! :)

Connie said...

Seriously...$120?! It's dreamy! I just need to rent a uhaul one year and go flea market shopping in Ohio instead of Colorado.

Lee Pop said...

So you DO have a book about making purses from sweaters! LOL! Answered my own question (from a previous blog of yours). :)

I love the dresser. So adorable.